Why Invest in a Non-Traded REIT?
Non-traded REITs are not intended for all investors. However, for those investors with a long-term focus, REITs may provide:
- Portfolio diversification.
- Historically low correlation to traditional asset classes.
- Potential protection against inflation.1,2
- Long-term income and growth within a portfolio.
- Protection against daily market fluctuations.3
There is no assurance these objectives will be met.
CNL Healthcare Properties II has a limited operating history and intends to qualify and may elect REIT tax status beginning with the taxable year ending Dec. 31, 2017 or the first year of material operations. If the company fails to meet the REIT qualification standards now or in the future, the company will be subject to increased taxes, which will decrease investors' returns.